Sunday, February 8, 2009

A TALE OF THREE LADIES

Well, the first two voices are in on what I should blog about. Believe it or not, they both say the same thing. LJ suggests I tackle “What’s up Doc,” “Answered prayers,” and “Journeys I have taken”; and PJ wants me to tell about my weekend in Boise.

Any folks who read my blog regularly surely know some about my prayer life in 2008. On January 10th, a phone call came which sent me to my knees for a period of nine months. Those pleas were in addition to many others.

This time of petition was for a very special friend whom God placed in my life almost 14 years ago. She is an engineer with HP in Boise, Idaho; intellectual, very bright, a fellow networker of acquaintances and believers. Often, the first impression people have of her is that she is shy, but don’t let that skinny, Asian exterior fool you. From January 10 to September 30, 2008, many pled for her biopsy for breast cancer to be negative, for the lump to be contained, for her stamina to withstand months of chemo and radiation, for her spiritual well-being and for Divine intervention for her loved ones. Obviously, many of His answers came different from my requests.

She did survive, and only time will tell what God’s will is for her life. On the very day of her last radiation, her mother started treatment in Denver, Colorado, for pancreatic cancer. One of the other prayer warriors during this time was a recent “pink ribbon” survivor herself. Though she did not know the mother, and had (years earlier) had only a nodding acquaintance with the daughter, she prayed for their well being and talked at length with the mother on the telephone, being an encourager in her concern for her daughter.

About three weeks ago, another call came from Boise. “One of the airlines has great prices right now, and my mother is coming for three days. I would like you to meet my Christian family here. And, too, we are having a Chinese New Year celebration. We could thank God together that Mother is cancer free; I am doing well; and the encourager seems to be doing okay.” She called the encourager friend who also agreed it sounded like a great plan.

In a few days, I will report on the travel itself. I just don’t want to lose the main reason for the trip in the midst of activities. This Journey was to thank our Loving Father for answered prayers for three ladies: Anita in Boise; Hilly in Denver; and Jane in Battle Ground, Washington.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

I'm eager for you to share more about this important trip.