Friday, May 18, 2007

Publication reject

I wonder how many others have sent humorous stories to Reader's digest, thinking they would be awarded a sum of money. Over the years, I have sent in two masterpieces. But, alas, I have never heard back from RD.

Here is one of my entries:

My husband and I were in Memphis, Tennessee, on a visit with our college-age children. Having exited the freeway, we were in a position to see across the overpass. What we saw was a snarl of cars with their lights on. A funeral procession had been delayed because the lead automobile had been in an accident. Just as we passed, we could see that the casket was being transferred to another funeral home vehicle. Our clever freshman commented "Look everyone! A re-hearsal!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny!!
I don't know why that wouldn't be published......it's perfect for RD.